Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hillary:

I thought my biggest trial in India would be dodging rickshaws and enraged cows plowing the banana split and rocky Indian streets, or ignoring eve teasing boys who fallow our group of super white all American girls with their cell phones popped open snapping photos like paparazzi. I was dreading ice cold showers and squatters with "left hand" toilet paper. But I've managed to weave through the hectic and roaring traffic, embrace the curious paparazzi, avoid every squatter to this date, and somehow come across a spurt a hot water every time I step into the shower. Little did I know the greatest trial one faces while traveling in India was yet to come.

Indian restaurants are notorious for their delicious food and slow service. My biggest trial is timing my drink and dinner to arrive at the same time. The reason this is such a monstrous trial is due to the small and un-refillable drinks.

This is how it begins: I first started by ordering my guava juice and Banana Nutella Crepe at the same time; this left me with nothing but the fibers of a guava clinging to the inside of my glass when my crepe arrived. Next I tried ordering my Fanta and Sagg Paneer at the same time and refrain from drinking the Fanta before my Sagg Paneer came; this left me with flat Fanta as warm as Indian air and also warm Sagg Paneer, I had no relief from the heat. Finally a few day later I tried ordering my Cheese Nann first and waiting till I recieved it to order my Lime Water, bu of course my gnawing hunger took me over and my Nann was long gone by the time my lime water got there. This problem has been nonstop since we arrived in Dehli, and I am determined to find the solution. Next I will be timing how long it takes to get my food from the time I order it. I will take 6 (two days of meals) and average the time. While aking these times I will also have to time how long it takes to get my drinks and average those times. From there I will subract the time in takes to get my drink from the time it takes to get my food and finally fingure out the approximate time to order my drink. If all goes well by day 3 I will get my Mango Lassi and Honey Banana Crepe at the same time. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the detailed message. I could imagine the thirst and almost taste the delicious sounding dishes.
    -Marcy and Anentte's mom

    ReplyDelete